The Project "Military Energy and Carbon Management" (MECM) which is co-funded by the European Commission (DG Environment) regards:
• the development and implementation of an Energy Management System in three (3) Military Camps of the Armed Forces, according to the international standard ΕΝ ISO 50001:2011.
• the implementation of technical pilot projects – interventions in specific premises of these camps for their energy improvement / performance.
To achieve the above goals, the Project includes among others:
• the development of energy policy in the Armed Forces.
• the interaction of this project with respective co-funded programmes.
• the drafting of a plan to expand the Project within the same Camps, as well as in other premises of the Armed Forces.