By gradually developing and applying the Energy Management System according to ISO 50001:2011 at the Naval Dock of Crete, the Hellenic Navy General Staff acknowledges its responsibility and obligations towards human, society, environment and sustainable management of energy resources.
In compliance with the environmental policy of the Ministry of National Defence and considering meeting the operational requirements as a top priority the Hellenic Navy General Staff, as far as the Naval Dock of Crete is concerned, has committed itself:
- to constantly improve the energy efficiency,
- to provide the required resources, according to the financial capacities provided for by the approved budget of the Hellenic Navy General Staff,
- to provide information about the achievement of energy objectives,
- to comply with legal or other requirements which either emanate from the structure and chain of command of the Armed Forces or have been endorsed by the Ministry of National Defence and regard energy management matters,
- to support and be supplied with energy efficient products and environmental friendly services.
By gradually developing and applying the Energy Management System according to ISO 50001:2011, the Naval Dock of Crete defines all energy parameters which regard its non-operational activities and it develops procedures and programmes which do not prevent it from the unimpeded accomplishment of its mission in order to constantly improve its energy effectiveness.
The current Energy Policy of the Naval Dock of Crete is published, announced, applied and supported by everyone.
April 3, 2014
The Chief of Hellenic Navy General Staff
Vice Admiral Evangelos Apostolakis